One issue which will remain an issue for all women till menopause is Premenstrual syndrome or PMS. This is one sad thing that has neither any medication nor is unavoidable. PMS is like a horn or a warning signboard of the forth coming danger.
According to Wikipedia,” PMS is a collection of physical, psychological and emotional symptoms related to a woman’s menstrual cycle.”
While it may sound just another routine problem that is a part of a woman’s physical attribute, it is not that simple! In the first place it is the most repulsive phase of the month for a woman. The symptoms vary from irritation, terrible mood swings, tension , depression, dysphoria(unhappiness) to headaches, backaches, stomach cramps leg cramps. for physical agony at least there are medicines that can be consumed and pain eased. But there is no solution as such to the other syndrome. Then there are hormonal changes that a woman goes through every month during her menses which is not a very pleasant thing either.This is may sound surprising but during menses most of the women have some or the other kind of craving for food.
Here are a few tips or rather a few ways of dealing with PMS:
- The most important thing, around menstruation date, try not being alone. Loneliness ads to the agony.
- As soon as one gets a craving to eat something, its better to feast on it for the sheer joy of it. It will make you happy.
- Try and have loads of liquids, sweets(not chocolates unless you have the craving for it) and cooling stuff to ease your mood swings
- Indulge in things that make you feel happy- The feel good factor!
- Consume multi-vitamins capsule that will help you overcome fatigue and will keep you active
- Sleep well. You will wake up fresh and in good mood
- Avoid consumption of caffeine, alcohol & cigarettes
- Exercise regularly to stay fit and active
For guys a few things to keep in mind and understand the situation:
- Its not a very a pleasant thing for us so please do not irritate and bug us by making us wait somewhere, or arguing.
- Every month we are going to have PMS unless we are pregnant, so for a few days try and make us feel good, keep us happy if you do not want to bear the brunt of it
- If we have cravings we cant help it so do not say we are obnoxious, instead be sweet and get us what we want or accompany us
- Pamper us during those times so that we are calm and can deal with our PMS
Well there could different and various other ways of dealing with PMS, but most of them do not work as they are not very effective. But then we are God’s creation and can’t question his creativity, but can definitely enhance it.