MUMBAI, the city that never sleeps, the financial capital of India, the bollywood habitat of the country, the fashion hub……….But does it have to pay the price of being one of its kind????? well I am sure many of us must be pondering over this after the recent terrorist attack on Mumbai………Well after expressing my grief and anger about the attack, I thought I was done. But my curiosity hasn’t stopped me from doing a little study and finding about the history of attacks that the city has been facing since 1993…..
- The 1993 Mumbai bombings were a series of bomb explosions that took place in Mumbai on March 12th, 1993
- In August 2003, two blasts occurred in the city – one at Gateway of India and another one at Jhaveri Bazar
- 25th August 2005, the terror visited Mumbai, two powerful car bomb explosions took place in South Mumbaidevi temple and Gateway of India
- The 11th July 2006 Mumbai train bombings were a series of seven bomb blasts that took place over a period of 11 minutes on the Suburban railway in Mumbai…….
- And of course the recent one on the 26th of nove 2008 we ar eall very well aware of.
My question is how many more? Is there a solution or we still have to live under constant menace? The context for what has happend in Mumbai is stunning only for those unware how a cocktail mix of wrong policies , official patronage to extremism and separatists movements have come together to destabilize India…. This only surprises those who do not know how India has been gradually relapsing into terrorist extremism between 1990 and 2008